Beekeeping Workshop at Carlton Marshes, Saturday 20 October, 10am-3pm with Michael Doy (price £25)
Discover the wonder of beekeeping with the beauty of Carlton Marshes as a backdrop.
If you have ever thought about beekeeping and wondered exactly what is involved, then this is your chance to find out. With Michael Doy, experienced local beekeeper.
The course will involve all aspects of beekeeping including:How a hive works
- How bees organise themselves
- Their breeding cycle
- Navigational skills
- Hive products
- Equipment needed to start up including a demonstration of a British National hive.
- The cost of setting up/buying bees and beehives
- Beekeeping management
- Pollination by bees
- Maintaining honeybee health
- Honeybee plant resources
- Law in relation to bees and beekeeping
By the end of the day you should have a better understanding of what is involved in beekeeping and how to keep healthy, productive bees.
For more information and to book visit Suffolk Wildlife Trust